Thursday, April 4, 2013

rise up

I love to give money to worthy causes.  I love to donate to my friends fundraisers,  to support St. Jude, March of Dimes, The Arthritis FoundationAutism Speaks, United ALS AssociationWounded Warrior and so on. I feel good giving what I can, when I can, in hopes of helping one of our friends, one of their babies, or even a COMPLETE STRANGER live a better life


i HATE asking for money. What, exactly, don't I understand?? Do I think my friends don't love to donate to worthy causes??? Do I think they care not for me, our babies, others who live lives affected by Fragile X?? i don't know.  It's hard for me to do... but.  BUT! I'm getting over that :-)  

This year we celebrate the 10th annual Walk for Fragile X, in Canton, Il.  We received Abe's diagnosis on September 19, 2006.  We attended our first walk in April of 2007


We're in there somewhere...

see me back there with short hair, purple coat and glasses? No idea where our other 2008 pics are...




this was year #3, 2009- look how little my babies are!! 


getting bigger in 2010... 


I have no idea what happened to 2011.... But here's a few from 2012!!

a few fantastic FX mommas! 

The kids and I by one of our signs! - do you see baby bell squeezed in tight between our boys?? 

I always encouraged people to come to the walk, buy a t-shirt, give an item to be auctioned off etc.... but never collected donations.  

This year I am.  In the span of 24 hours we have raised almost $900.  And we're not stopping.  
Do you know how much research and drug trials and advocacy and informational packets cost?? Every single dollar helps. 
So :-)  
If you'd like to help us raise money for the National Fragile X Foundation- please click the link below!  Feel free to order a t-shirt through this link- you'll  choose the shirt you'd like, then you can choose to have that portion of the proceeds go to a specific team in the drop down box- TEAM Z!
If you don't want a t-shirt, but would still like to donate go here!

Thank you- to every single person who gave today!  For each donation, big or small!  I'm amazed, I'm humbled, I'm going to bed feeling blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment