Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Truth in Cyber Space

if you’ve seen me more than 3 times in a 2 month span, chances are you’ve seen me dressed much as I am above. Hair in a knot on top of my head, sweatshirt, jeans and my runners. When we walk, visit a playground, scramble around at the Replex, or play who knows what in our backyard, I’m dressed for speed and comfort… and, in the spirit of truthfulness- I look this way at the grocery store, the library, and sometimes work as well!

Some days when the alarm goes off at 430 a.m. and I hit snooze, and snooze again… and maybe snooze again.. I don’t take the time or make the effort to work too hard on my style. You could substitute scrubs for jeans and my sweatshirt and there you have ‘amy at work’ at least 40% of the time. I do try for business attire the other 60%… or a relaxed, eclectic mix of casual and business attire that falls into the ‘i don’t mind if this gets sputum, pureed carrots, snot or other bodily fluids on it’ category… and really, as I type this, I would guess that if you exchanged ‘mashed up gold fish’ for ‘pureed carrots’ you have a category my entire wardrobe falls into :-)

BUT… portions of this outfit still qualify as a ‘cheap thrill’- The sweatshirt $19.99 on sale in the boys department at k-mart, the jeans $19.99 IT jeans from the sale rack at VonMaur in 2007, and my mizuno running shoes… not a cheap thrill, not even 5 cheap thrills rolled into one, but worth every single penny I spent on them.

You never know where you might find a deal… the point of this blog originally revolved around children’s clothing, but after close to 250 attempts to get my children to change clothes/smile at the camera/remain STILL FOR MORE THAN .25 SECONDS, I decided that I’d better change lanes and go with momma clothes instead. Maybe you’ve noticed that many of my clothes are close to4-5 years old. Whatever I’ve spent on my clothing, I’ve spent 7 times as much on clothing for my children. Bins and boxes and bags that have been saved or passed down, given to friends, friends of friend, and whomever else I know or might have met that has just had a child. The clothes have come from walmart, kmart, target, old navy, vonmaur, nordstroms, macy’s, and every catalog i’ve ever received. During these buying sprees, i’ve found that when I’m at a healthy weight for my body, I fit into a L or XL in the boys department!! T-shirts, sweatshirts, cool button downs that I can layer- all at very reduced prices. So look around, bargain hunters- you may find something new and fun in an unexpected place!!

No comments:

Post a Comment