Friday, December 14, 2012

40 Days- Day 23.

if you've looked at my blog once or 270 times, you've most likely seen pictures of our babies.  maybe a brief story about what they were doing, a funny picture, etc.


Tonight, my heart is breaking.  Tonight ...I am reminded that Sandy Hook could have been Le Roy.  I am grieving for mothers and fathers and aunts and uncles and grams and grandpas and friends and cousins and nieces and nephews.  For the parents of those sweet babies who left this world too soon.  For the teachers and adults whose lives were cut short by chaos and crazy and evil.  For the first responders.  For the class mates who survived.  For the brother of the shooter, who lost his mom today, who will live with this stigma and grief forever.  for the shooter and whatever hell he had inside.  

Today, my amazing middle man had his Christmas concert and Gingerbread extravaganza.  As I watched these precious babies sing, I prayed to our Heavenly Father to cover them with protection, peace, and love.  



We cuddled close.  



we gave kisses and snuggles.  



We cooked and we laughed and we remembered to give thanks to God for our family.  

we remembered that life is in the big and the little- the sparkles and the coast soap that made me happy.  


my Grampsy Furlow used Coast soap, and every time I smell it I think of him... just like every time I smell Old Spice I think of my Grampa Maslan. 

Friends. be safe.  be together.  Pray. 

xo



linking up with 235 designs for Casual Friday. 








No comments:

Post a Comment