Sunday, December 16, 2012

40 Days- Day 25


Happy Sunday from your friend who just took a $40K per year pay cut.  Why?  this.  ^^^^  

2 weeks ago I decided I needed a new job.  
On Wednesday I had 2 completely different job offers on the table.  I knew I needed a change.  A big change... so before I had ever made a final decision regarding my new job, I called my current employer and gave them my 2 weeks notice.  Why?  




There are things that I carry in this life, figuratively and literally.  Things that I will not let go of, under any circumstance.  My family.  My faith.  These things are vital to me.  vital  (heavy, you might say).  and I was letting them be swept away under the weight of busy and stress----  heavy that was not vital, in any way, shape, or form. 

 so.  I let go of what I could.  I let go of heavy but unnecessary.  I let go of  pride- in the building, the patients, the case load, the administrative work.  I decided what was important right now.  

Then.  On Thursday. I received an additional offer.  an offer close to home and I took it. .. and on Friday- Sandy Hook  

and any remaining doubts flew away.  


so.  starting in January I will be working in my home town.  I'll be working 10-20 hours a week less.  I will have no administrative duties, I will be no one's boss.  I will have 9 hours at home that I used to spend in the car every week.  I will have more time with my children, my husband, my parents.  I won't work on the weekends. 



That's what I'll be doing.  


xo.  







3 comments:

  1. Love this. Love you. Proud of you. And oh, so inspired by you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new job! I know that must have been a very difficult decision, but once you made it I am sure you felt wonderful! I am so happy for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Amazing how things will work out sometimes.

    ReplyDelete